Recipe creation for the Vitamix Professional Series 750
Preparation: 13 minutes; Yields: 800 ml
– ½ shallot
– 30 g leek, white part, cleaned
– 80 g butter
– 200 ml strong poultry stock
– 1 thin slice of a clove of garlic
– 100 ml dry white wine
– 60 ml Noilly Prat
– 100 g whipped cream
– 50 g cream double
– 1 tbsp crème fraîche
– 160 g watercress, washed, cleaned
– 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
– Freshly grated nutmeg
– Lemon juice
- Put all ingredients except watercress, nutmeg, lemon juice and salt into the Vitamix container and close the lid.
- Turn the controller to level 10. Mix for 5 minutes.
- Add watercress and mix again for 45 seconds.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve immediately.
- 3-4 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 4 very fresh quail eggs
- 1 egg
- Mie de pain (fresh bread crumbs without crust)
- Germ oil for frying
- Boil about 500 ml of water in a sauté pan with the vinegar. Beat the quail eggs individually into a soup ladle or cup. Stir with a wooden spoon in the vinegar water until a small whirlpool is formed. Let the eggs slide in there and poach in 2 ¼ minutes until soft as wax.
- Take out the quail eggs, rinse briefly, dab dry and bread with flour, whisked egg and Mie de pain.
- Fry the quail eggs very briefly in the 170 °C hot germ oil until golden yellow, the egg yolk should remain liquid.
- Grease the eggs on kitchen paper.
- 4 pieces of wild salmon fillet of 50 g each
- Butter to grease
- Young watercress
- Place the salmon side by side on a buttered plate, cover with cling film and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 70-75 °C, then cook salmon for 6-8 minutes until glassy.
Lightly salt the poached salmon, place in four preheated soup plates and pour the soup on top. Place the fried quail eggs on the salmon and garnish with young watercress.
Per portion: Calories: 180, Total fat content: 12 g, Saturated fatty acids: 2 g, Cholesterol: 150 mg, Sodium: 580 mg, Total carbohydrates: 3 g, Dietary fiber: 0 g, Sugar: 0 g, Protein: 14 g
Text source: Christian Jürgens
Image source: Vitamix