Recipe creation for the Vitamix Professional Series 750
Preparation: 20 minutes; Serves: 6 glasses (of 200 ml each)
– 4 untreated limes
– 80 g brown sugar
– 120 ml Cachaca (Brazilian sugar cane brandy)
– 2 cl gin
– 480 ml tomato juice
– 1 pinch salt
– Freshly ground white pepper
– 4 sprigs lemon thyme
– 1 mint leaf
– 600 g crushed ice
- Wash the limes with hot water, dry, dice and mix with the sugar for 10 seconds in the Vitamix at level 1.
- Add cachaca, gin and tomato juice and season with salt, cayenne pepper and pepper.
- Add four sprigs of thyme and leave to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Then strain the tomato dash through a sieve.
- Mix with 300 g crushed ice and a large leaf of mint for 20 sec. at level 10.
- Fill six narrow, tall glasses about halfway with crushed ice and pour the tomato dash over them. Serve directly.
Nutritional information per portion (240 ml): Calories: 140, Total fat: 0 g, Saturated fatty acids: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 290 mg, Total carbohydrates: 21 g, Dietary fibre: 2 g, Sugar: 16 g, Protein: 1 g
This recipe was developed for the Vitamix Professional Series 750 with a 2 litre container. If you use a different Vitamix device or another container, the speed, processing time or quantities may have to be adjusted.
Text source: Christian Jürgens
Image source: Vitamix